Website Data Privacy Statement (effective 25th May 2018)
Niamh Barrett Computers Ltd ( “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable privacy legislation.
This Statement sets out the basis on which any personal information or personal data that Niamh Barrett Computers Ltd collects from you, or that you provide to Niamh Barrett Computers Ltd, will be processed by us in accordance with applicable Niamh Barrett Computers Ltd company policy.
We encourage you to carefully read the following to understand the way we handle your personal information. Amendments and updates to this Statement may be made from time-to-time. Any revisions will be posted on this page, so you will always be aware of what personal information we collect and how we use that personal information. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
1. Collected Information
Data can be collected and processed during the operations of our website. The following are ways we may perform these actions:
1.1 Data regarding your visit(s) to our website and any resources used are collected. The following is included and not limited to: location data, weblogs, traffic data, and any other communication information.
1.2 Any forms you filled out on our site allows us to collect data such as registering for information or when you complete a purchase.
1.3 If for any reason you communicate with our personnel or site we may collect information.
2. Cookie Usage
- keep track of how you interact with our website;
- target advertising;
- keep track of how you access and download our materials; and
- offer functionality on our website, including social media plug-ins and sharing
3. Our Use of Your Information
Information stored or collected regarding you helps us improve and offer services you need. The following list contains how we might use your data:
3.1 Any request you make of our site or personnel allows us to use information you provided us with, relating to the products or services we have. We may also send information on products or services you may be interested in, as long as consent has been received.
3.2 Contract Commitments: To meet any Commitment we make to you.
3.3 Changes or Improvements made to the site can warrant use of your information, with regard to notification of such changes.
3.4 An existing customer may be contacted regarding products and services related to any item of previous sale you made on our site.
3.5 Anyone who does not wish to give consent for our site or third party use has the opportunity to decline. Once we receive your withhold for consent we will remove your details from any mailings or third party communications.
4. Personal Data Storage
4.1 Information we are provided will be stored on secure servers. Transaction data is encrypted for your safety.
4.2 You should understand data via online transmission is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee full protection and security data, only that we take all reasonable action to protect information sent to us electronically. Transmission of any data by you is at your own risk. Where applicable you may be given access to sections of our site that require a password. You are responsible for the passwords safety and confidentiality.
5. Information Disclosure
5.1 At times we may disclose personal information to persons in our group. This can include subsidiaries, holding companies, or any other subsidiaries involved in our business, if applicable.
5.2 Third Party disclosure may occur for the following reasons:
5.2.1 Selling any or all of our business to a third party may result in sharing your information.
5.2.2 At any time when we are legally required to we may disclose information about you and your visits to our sites.
5.2.3 To prevent fraud and help in fraud protection in order to reduce credit risk, we may disclose information.
6. Third Party Links
7. Information Accessibility
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These rights include the right to:
- request information regarding the personal data that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information. You can request a copy of any personal data we hold about you. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances;
- request that we rectify without undue delay any inaccuracies in relation to the personal data we hold;
- in some circumstances, request the erasure of your personal data or object to the processing of your data;
- obtain restriction of processing in some circumstances;
- object to any processing;
- in some circumstances, request that your personal data be transferred to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically (Please note, that we retain only a copy of certain data collected from you not an original. Furthermore we do not avail of systems that make automated decisions based on your data);
- if we are processing any data for which you have given consent, you may withdraw consent to us processing your personal data. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Ireland, this is the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner;
Any enquiries regarding the above rights or if you wish to exercise any of these rights or any other rights provided for in this Statement please contact our Data Protection Coordinator.
Upon request we will inform you about the type of personal information we hold about you. Please use the contact details below
8. Contacting Us